Lovebox Festival returns to Victoria Park tomorrow with an eclectic line-up spanning across 3 days (19-21st July). Headlining the Friday is the one and only Azealia Banks, fresh off her Glastonbury set where she premiered her new single ‘ATM Jam’ ft Pharrell. With a whole host of amazing acts set to kick off Day 1 of Lovebox, here are some of my top picks for Friday:
- First on the list has to be the Queen of Dance Annie Mac, making her highly anticipated return since embracing Motherhood. Annie is regarded as the Gatekeeper of Radio 1, kicking off the weekend with her #raving #behaving vibes and closing it on a Sunday night with the mellow #musicalhotwaterbottle. Annie will no doubt deliver one hell of a set having already geared us up for Summer with her free ‘Sunshine Mix‘. Welcome back Annie!
- DJ & producer Julio Bashmore was responsible for one of the most infectious house tracks of 2012 with ‘Au Seve‘, which he released under his very own label, ‘Broadwalk Records‘. Previous production credits have included Jessie Ware’s ‘110%‘ and ‘Imagine It Was Us‘. Having made his debut at Coachella festival this year, followed by a killer set at Field Day, expect plenty of ‘Bashmore Bass’ during his extended Lovebox set.
- Breach, aka Ben Westbeech, is responsible for arguably one of the summers hottest house records; ‘Jack’. Originally released through Dirtybird and most recently through Atlantic, Breach sure knows how to produce a hit record, having previously written Redlight’s infectious ‘Get Out My Head‘. Expect a big crowd for Breach as he makes his Lovebox debut.
- Festival favourites Rudimental are set to cause a stir with their electric live show with crowd pleasing anthems such as ‘Waiting All Night‘ ft Ella Eyre, their new single ‘Right Here‘ ft Foxes and the song that started it all ‘Feel The Love‘ ft fellow Lovebox artist John Newman. With their debut album reaching no 1, Rudimental are sure to receive a massive reception as the crowd soak up the quartets electro summer vibes.
- My final top pick comes from the brilliant Duke Dumont who brought us the chart topping ‘Need You’ (100%) ft AME. Having just released ‘Hold On‘ ft Mnek as the highly anticipated follow up, expect a debut album to drop shortly through Blase Boys Club . Be sure to check out his recently released ‘Hard Summer Mixtape‘, as well as the stunning remix of Haim’s ‘Falling‘.
With so many amazing acts kicking of Day 1 of Lovebox, it’s impossible to narrow down my top picks. Notable mentions have to go to Mele, Lulu James, John Talabot, Monki, Amplify Dot, Artwork, SBTRKT DJ Set, Ruen Brothers and Toddla T, all of which I’ll definitely be checking out and highly recommend. Thankfully the weather looks to be pretty hot again, so Wiley’s track ‘Heatwave’ should be pretty apt for his set tomorrow. Check out the full Friday lineup here.
So to get you in the mood for some sun and music this weekend, check out my Lovebox Playlist below. Check back soon for Saturday’s picks!