As the final day of Lovebox draws to a close, synth-pop group Goldfrapp are set to headline the main stage in true style. With another great lineup today, let’s take a look at my top 5 must see acts:
- First up is the beautiful voice of South Londoner Lianne La Havas. The Mercury nominated singer/songwriter displays an incredible talent with her soulful vocals and heartfelt honest lyrics. Having recently performed at the Somerset House Summer Series to a sold out crowd, be sure to catch Lianne at one of her many upcoming performances including Summer Stage in Central Park, Lollapalooza and V Festival. With tracks such as ‘No Room For Doubt’, ‘Forget’ and ‘Is Your Love Big Enough‘, Lianne will grace the main stage at 15.50.
- Canadian electro duo Purity Ring (Megan James and Corin Roddick) have gone from strength to strength since releasing their debut album ‘Shrines‘ in 2012, featuring the tracks ‘Lofticries‘ and ‘Fineshrine‘ and their recent cover of Soulja Boy’s ‘Grammy‘. The duo are known for their unique live performances and use a tree-shaped instrument for sound and lighting, so this is sure to be one captivating set. (Lovebox Live Stage @ 15.50)
- New York based duo MS MR, made up of Lizzy Plapinger and Max Hershenow are bringing their electro pop vibes to sunny Lovebox. Previous singles ‘Hurricane’, ‘Fantasy’ and their most recent LP ‘Secondhand Rapture,‘ were all met with great praise with their retro synth-pop vibes. The duo are set to embark upon a headline tour of North America this Autumn, but before that have plenty of upcoming performances including Lollapalooza, Reading & Leeds and Electric Picnic Festival. (Main Stage @ 14.50)
- 25 year old Zebra Katz (aka Ojay Morgan), is an NY based rapper making bold statements in both the hip hop and fashion worlds. His first single, released through Diplos Mad Decent label Jeffrees, was the critically acclaimed ‘Ima Read’ ft female rapper Njena Redd Foxxx. His unique style of delivery is dark and captivating, as seen in more recentl tracks such as ‘Y I do‘ . Having supported the likes of Lana Del Ray and Azealia Banks, Zebra Katz is ready to take Lovebox by storm. (lovebox Live Stage @ 14.00)
- New York based rapper, poet and performance artist Mykki Blanco is set to make quite an impact at Lovebox today. Inspired by the ‘riot grrrl’ movement and drag queen artist ‘Vaginal Davis‘, Blanko is the epitome of radical forward thinking in today’s modern culture. With two mixtapes already under his belt, including 2012’s ‘Cosmic Angel: The Illuminati Prince/ss’, produced by Siden and Flosstradamus and 2013’s ‘Miss Snow White: The Street Tape‘, Mykki Blanco will be knocking out tracks such as ‘Wavvy‘ and ‘Haze Boogie Life’. The debut album from Blanco titled ‘Michael‘ is due in 2014. One set not to be missed! (Main Stage @13.45)
Other acts to check out through out the day include Hurts, Lil Kim, Kelis and Chloe Howl. Have a listen to the playlist below for today’s top picks and enjoy the last day of Lovebox 2013. Full set times available here.